Saturday, July 13, 2013

Bodybuilders beware!! :) - My First 2 IM injections of Testosterone Replacement Therapy in Bangkok, Thailand

PLEASE NOTE:  The actual date of injections at the clinic was 22 June 2013. 
My first 2 injections of Testosterone Propionate (25mg) and Testosterone Ethanate (250mg) at a local Bangkok, Thailand medical clinic with nurses performing the injections and Medical Doctor supervising.

It should be noted, the cost of 1 ampule, 25 mg of the Propionate cost about $6.00 USD and the 250 mg ampule of the Ethanate cost me about $5.75 USD, depending upon the daily exchange rates.  It was just a sample purchase to start with to see how difficult it would be to obtain the hormones, but it was very easy to find the authentic Bayer-Schering product and it was even more inexpensive on my 2nd purchase where I purchased a slightly larger quantity.  To draw the oil-based testosterone out they used an 18-gauge needle and syringe, and for injection, the nurse used a 21-gauge needle and syringe.  I will discuss the pros and cons of various needle sizes in the next post, now that I can do it at my home in Thailand. 

The total cost for the 2 IM injections (not including the testosterone, as I supplied them with the testosterones) was 400 baht, or about $13.00 USD !!!  So inexpensive !!! The blood screening, CBC panel, hepatic and renal function tests, T4 testosterone levels, etc, cost the sum total of $40.00 USD !!!  Can anyone comment below what a typical blood panel costs now in the U.S., UK, Germany, Australia, etc.?

P.S. For those of you who are wondering why my writing is a mixture of medical tech jargon and everyday health chats at the coffee machine, it's because I graduated YALE Medical School back in the 90s, so I still have some of those terms floating around in my head .. :*-)

Click below to see my first two clinical testosterone injections --


My First Two Testosterone Therapy IM Injections


5 comments:

  1. Hi, Greg from You Tube. The Testosterone levels are $354.00

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow !! $354?? Here, a complete CBC (I like to keep a watch on my red blood cells as high levels of testosterone CAN cause blood clots occasionally, and that of course could yield a stroke), renal, hepatic, enzyme clearance levels ... etc ... the works .. and I usually just ask them to throw in an HIV (always negative) test as well due to so many surgeries, and I do that once a month for about $54.00 or so, depending upon the exchange rate. God, at those rates, people could go bankrupt.

    Just curious Greg ... which country do you hail from? Private or publicly subsidized health insurance. Regardless of which one, does either cover costs of TRT? It was a savior for me, since the fogginess and lack of will I had been enduring wasn't being touched by SSRIs, etc. And, we all know SSRIs are not cheap and insurance covers them, ostly ....

    ReplyDelete
  3. BTW, Greg .. thanks for joining me on this blog ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Greg this is inspirational for me. I live in the UK and had a testo result of 8 my MD (GP) advised it was a bit low (ED, mind fog, lack of motivation, tired etc) and sent me to a NHS Urologist who was rude and dismissive, he didn't even examine me and stated the problem was in my head and made assumptions about me and "what did I expect him to do about it !". Going to my GP to complain this week. Going to Thailand for holiday and will get this done while there for sure if the GP is still unhelpful and will tell her so. UK National Health Service is useless. In the UK, we pay for it via taxes. Value for money NO !

    ReplyDelete
  5. I welcome all the suggestion mentioned in this blog related to new learning skills. It is definitely going to help me to adopt new exited way of learning. I think, others will also feel helpful this blog for their needs.
    สรรพคุณเห็ดหลินจือแดง

    ReplyDelete