Tuesday, July 30, 2013

6 weeks on Testosterone Replacement Therapy - Remarked Results !!


Today marks my 6th week of Testosterone Replacement Therapy (TRT) and the results are quite astonishing.  Although my current T4 levels stand at >15.00 ng/mL, I can say almost every major symptom I had just 8 weeks ago has either greatly improved or now manageable. 

1. Low Energy / Wanting to sleep - These symptoms are gone 80% of the time unless I allow something unimportant to get me down too much.

2. Depression - The overall haziness and foggy thinking that has plagued me for 2 years or more is basically removed from my daily activities.  Even if I do allow some random depressing situation to get me down and I allow myself to slip into oversleeping or a vegetative state, I can now quickly marshall up "internal fortitude forces" and get myself moving again.  This item had been a major stumbling block in my daily life the last few years and now seems to be on its way to eradication.

3. Libido / Sex Drive - This one seems like it should be through the roof with a T4 score of over 15.0, but still is lagging behind the other symptoms in recovering.  I am imaging that due to the combination of endocrine and psychiatric systems of the body involved, and I am recovering from painful hernia surgery and on a host of benzodiazepenes and Tylenol with Codeine for pain, this may be the last symptom to recover. 

Tomorrow, I have an ultrasound to check the abdominal wall integrity, and it seems that the TRT is replenishing my already still oily skin (even at age 51) and healing the hernia sutures quite rapidly.  As today was time for my usual Testosterone Propionate, 25 mg IM, I decided to add the additional IM injection of Testosterone Enanthate, 250 mg for additional recovery speed.  

I'll check back in with you all in 4 days ...

MAX




2 comments:

  1. Hello Max
    It's already 1 full month since your last update.
    Any progress to share?
    Jorn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm also in Thailand but not an MD. I took blood tests which showed low SHBG and within range on everything else. I was referred to a doctor who clearly was just trying to figure out what I wanted and sell it to me. He said blood tests mean nothing and how do I feel ? In the end I took a 3 week shot for $250 Any suggestions for clinics/doctors that know this subject without going too backstreet ?

    ReplyDelete